1959 March - Tragic Clayton Fire on Eade Road Farm
March 26, 1963 First Public Meeting to begin the process of organizing a Volunteer Fire Department. Steering Committee appointed: Avery Morgan - Chair, Charles Capps, Robert Gilbert, Carmel McCrary, Thomas Monroe, Roy Robertson, Shelby Robinson, Claude Simpson, Charles Sumner
1964, 1st year of operations for the Etowah / Horseshoe Volunteer Fire Department. 8 Total Alarms Received, 4 Brush Fires, Southern Railway Train Wreck - on standby.
The Headquarters on Hwy 64 / Morgan is pictured below. Three additional, unmanned stations are located on Hebron Rd, Brevard Rd, and Brickyard Rd.
Right, photos from EHS Fire Dept historical documents
Headquarters on Hwy 64 / Morgan Rd, 2014
Is the time period on the above photo early to mid 1980s?
Photo information to follow. Courtesy of Etowah Horse Shoe Fire & Rescue.